Presales Engineer for Cogmotive
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2017
Following another record year of growth and an acquisition, we have an outstanding career opportunity for a Presales Engineer. This position requires great communication and people skills combined with technical knowledge and experience. You will assist sales with an IT/technical support edge to provide advice, conduct product demos and undertake technical support for both existing and new customers and partners. There is also a creative component that would require to write blog posts and develop short product-focussed videos.
Cogmotive's customers are usually IT systems administrators and IT managers, so we're looking for someone with sufficient knowledge and understanding of our end users' needs to build relationships, help close sales, and provide ongoing high quality customer support and service. You will be a key point of contact and provide pre-, during and after-sales advice and support.
You will become an expert in the solutions that Cogmotive offers, will learn how to tailor the best possible solution to each customer, based on the product specifics and customers' needs.
This role requires high customer focus and dedication, desire to help clients maximize their benefits through demonstrating technical knowledge of the products and understanding of customers' needs.
This a full time, office based (in Bristol) position with occasional travel both domestically and internationally and reports to the VP of Sales.
- Conduct product demonstrations, lead technical discussions, providing technical assistance and product education/training.
- Determining a customer's business requirements and making technical presentations to demonstrate to customers that a product best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery.
- Conduct analysis and maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings of products.
- Develop business and technical presentations/collateral and formulate responses to prospect RFP's.
- Identify, develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders operating at all necessary levels (management and functional), partner within the customer organization to understand and influence their project strategies.
- Contribute to and/or develop account solution strategy including working with broader account teams to develop long term customer solution roadmaps.
- Excellent communication, critical thinking & analytical skills.
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required.
- Train the sales teams internally and at partners in understanding the company's products, and delivering good product demonstrations.
- Work with marketing to create and maintain sales collateral: slide decks, website content, product literature, emails to customer, etc.
- Ensuring all inbound queries receive a quick response.
- Work with the product development and operations teams by communicating regular, timely customer feedback on desired features and functionality to support development of new and existing products.
- Writing regular blog posts, support articles and developing video content.
- Work with the CEO on developing the Cogmotive Cloud Infrastructure
- Some college education is preferred.
- Experience with technical pre-sales.
- 5 years' experience in the industry.
- Great problem solving skills, flexibility
- Great customer relations skills
- Initiative and Imagination
- Creative communications
- 5 years of experience in the cloud-based software market
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and our products
- Experience providing IT helpdesk support
- Proven technical sales/pre-sales background and experience (B2B)
- Additional language skills
How to apply
Interested and feel you have the skills we are looking for?
Send your resume to email@example.com.
No recruitment agents please.